“La Virginia” was born from the careful renovation of an old country farmhouse, completely converted into an old mansion by using elements compatible with the surrounding area, such as the exposed stone, the wood, the terracotta and by carefully furnishing it with antique typical furniture.
Our rooms are all personalized; the two romantic suites with the four-poster beds and the bright red curtains . The ”Leonardo’s Room” overlooking the Montebracco or Leonardos’s mountain, where the artist used to take the lovely stone for his masterpieces. The “Bandit’s room”, where merchants and preachers used to rest. And the room called of “Ruchin and Biasina”, legendary spirits of this land, whose legend tells that they used to meet each other in the shadow of Monbraccos’s mount, a few steps away from La Virginia.
The cellar , “crota” in the local dialect, is an important place where wines rest at the correct temperature in order to give the guest some moments of joy. The bread cooked in the wood-fired oven, the fresh milk coming from cows grazing in the Alps pastures, home made pasta, especially the one with the typical local cheese (the “Tumin del Mel”) , the sausage tagliatelle, the Pelaverga risotto, peppers in traditional piedmont sauce, the lard with boiled chestnuts , aubergines and baked roll.
The structure offers to the guests guided wine and cheese tastings.
- 6 Double rooms and 1 triple room with ensuite bathroom
- tv, telephone, fax, internet, Air Conditioned
- Buffet breakfast
- free private parking
- Tasting and sell of local products and of our farmhouse
- Large cellar with 300 wine labels and with possibility of guided tastings
- Eno-gastronomic library, relaxing room
- Excursions and other events
- Double room with king size bed + Breakfast: 70 - 90 Euros
- Double room single occupancy + Breakfast: 50 - 60 Euros
- Triple occupancy room with king size bed and single bed + Breakfast: 90 – 105 Euros
- Half board from 60 to 70 Euros per person
- Dinner/Lunch with Menu of the day starting from 25 Euros per person, wines excluded
Open every evenings and on Sunday for lunch. Booking is appreciated.
The solitary and Majestic King of Stone , the “Monviso” (3841 mt) has stolen glances and fascinated all time travellers. We are in the Marquisat land, next to France, exactly in the Po valley, where the homonymous river starts to flow, land full of monasteries and abbeys , from the city of Staffarda up until Revello.